Sunday, June 21, 2009

Round and round...


I am saddened on this day. While much of my process creates a liberated lightness of being, today my baggage is going round and round on my carousel. Last week my former wife and my daughter left our home for a new life in California. I received my final divorce papers in the mail a day after they left.


While there is relief at closure, I also can't help going round and round with the pain and trouble caused by my being closeted and obviously not handling any of that well. I never married to hide my gayness because at the time I was enjoying life hetero. The homo part crept out, however, and although I didn't know it, I must have been unhappy. Can you really be unhappy if you don't know you're unhappy? Denial and hindsight.


So now I will climb back on the horse of my own life and process. This will undoubtedly be a good thing once the baggage spins off the carousel, especially since I figure there are only about twenty years left to enjoy honesty, liberation, freedom, and pleasure.


I cannot deny today's melancholy though, because that would short-circuit my process. I will indulge it for as short a while as I can manage. I'll get over it.

2 comments:

  1. I can't give any insight since I don't know what you are going through. But know that I'm thinking about you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a painful process....no question about that. What's that trite saying? Time heals all wounds? I think it's true, but you just need some help moving the process along so that it doesn't take too much time to heal.

    ReplyDelete